Under direct supervision of a license nurse or other medical practitioner a variety of health-related and clerical duties involving direct relationships with patients, or participates as a member of a treatment, nursing, medical health care team in implementing appropriate regimens.
- Greets patients arriving to the units, securing the patients encounters, reviewing on the computer the accuracy of the visit type and provider, and setting up the patient’s medical record.
- Addressographs all Pertinent Papers with patients clinic card information.
- Prepares examining room for examination including cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment and insures examination room is in order for the next patient to be seen.
- Ensures that chart is complete on the day before an appointment with pertinent information as it relates to laboratory findings, x-ray, referrals, etc.
- Performs vision, hearing, point of care testing to include and not limited to the following: blood sugar glucose screening, pregnancy testing, and urine dipstick. Also performs peak flow screenings, height and weights, smoking cessation, temperatures, blood pressures, pulses and respirations, and depression screening. And reports out of range findings to the nurse and documents all findings appropriately in the patient’s medical records.
- Reports and records information regarding patient’s status and responses, clearly and promptly to a professional staff.
- Prepares patients for examinations and assists medical practitioner during examinations by providing chaperoning and providing necessary supplies, equipment and instruments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.