· Development of program specifications to address existing business issues. Specification may be used externally by other programming resources, or internally to direct the individual's development process.
· Identification of required resources, including hardware, software, and personnel.
· Developing and/or enhancing functionality to reflect required specifications. Includes some basic program development in a 4GL programming language (Progress) and/ or.Net/SQL.
· Development and execution of testing plans to ensure that delivered solutions meet required needs. Business Analyst will be involved in final testing and sign-off of solutions before moved into production.
· Develop implementation and training plans for the release of new development to the user community.
· Provide initial and follow-up training as required to successfully implement development solutions.
· Develop documentation on solution functionality and process flow that can be used by the user community for self-training/issue resolution.
· Provide first level support to users for issues related to application functionality/user training.
· Development of required reporting/data analysis models using existing data reporting/modeling tools (Qlikview, SSR, Crystal Reports).
· Development and management of project plans for large to medium projects.
· Identify opportunities to improve business process/procedure to provide more effective/efficient solutions.
· Ability to apply technology solutions to business issues/challenges, good understanding of IT development process and capabilities.
· Strong business background in Supply Chain Management.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Working knowledge of use and integration of Microsoft Office suite of tools (WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS).
· Working knowledge of QLIKVIEW, Crystal Reports or SSR, preferred but not required.
· Working knowledge of PROGRESS programming language, .NET, C++ preferred but not required.
· Ability to work independently or as a part of a project team.
· Highly motivated, self-starter.
This position requires a candidate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or related IT field) or a combination of education and experience equating to a Bachelor’s degree in any of the aforementioned subjects.