Database Administrator III
· Design complex matrix to ensure database performance parameters are met and to design production of large database and Manage large database systems to develop the scope of projects and identifying the limitations
· Develop large databases as per the customized needs and integrate multiple modules into a single resource
· Manage large database systems to develop the scope of projects and identifying the limitations
· Monitor Schema Management, Security management(users/roles), Tablespace usage, alert log, trace files, disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc. and sending status reports to higher management for review.
· Setup Aurora Postgres, Redshift, PostgreSQL and MySQL database instance in AWS per application requirement
· Migrate data from on-prem Oracle databases to AWS using Amazon DMS (Data Migration Service) per application team requirement
· Design the database schema and alter as per the Relational database Management Systems applications
· Upgrade Oracle databases, apply quarterly patches and setup database servers with 19c RAC, VCS and single node as per application needs in on-prem env.
· Upgrade and apply latest database, OS security patches for Aurora Postgres, Redshift, PostgreSQL and MySQL database instances in cloud.
· Work with development team on database design Data modelling, Schema design using ER Studio depending on requirements
· Investigate cloud databases (Oracle, Postgres, Aurora Postgres, Redshift) performance related issues using cloud metrics, events and logs
· Investigate database performance related issues using a range of tools including AWR, ASH, extended tracing & TKPROF, ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor) and SQL tuning advisor, Splunk and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) 13c.
· Test and approve new databases installation as per the needs and alter production databases
· Work closely with Programmer Analysts and application developers that all database needs are met
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.